Aims and Objective
We believe in co-production by encouraging active participation.
People who use our services should have greater involvement in how they are designed and delivered. Our Service Enablers influence decision making.
The group focuses on maintaining or secure effective change by brainstorming on the Why, How and What. Together, they recommend the course of action for management and act as a sounding board. We work in partnership; volunteers, member representatives and staff – sharing ideas to expand on; developing a big thinking approach.
Structure of the Committee
We meet quarterly and from these
Below gives an annual synopsis of our discussions.
Our next meeting is scheduled for June 2022.
Please see below summary of meeting from February 2022:
- CV have secured funding for the ‘Lost 500’ project, enabling us to reach more visually impaired people in the community.
- Suggestions were made to collaborate with volunteers, members and the media leading up to CV’s lift unveiling.
- Discussed and agreed to connect with local colleges/ schools to carry out visual awareness training, skilling up future volunteers
Our next meeting is scheduled February 2022.
Please see below summary of meeting from December 2021:
Service Enablers meetings will now split into two groups:
1. ‘Let’s Talk and Improve’, facilitated by Managers. This group will focus on day to day operations.
- ‘Looking Forward’, chaired by Susanette, with support from Member’s Representative. The focus will be on bright ideas we can develop together, over 6-12months.
- Discussed and agreed next steps for adapted services during lift installation.
- Reflected on how to further embrace and combine the skills of new volunteers with organisational needs.
Please see below summary of meeting from September 2021:
- Discussed and agreed next steps for coaching; Board readiness for members and team (starting Oct 2021).
- Further develop the transport services, to recruit for a volunteer driver and route mapping
- Reflect on recent actions of Covid cases and further improvement; response and communication
- Inclusion of lunch menu on the website for easy access and promote independence
Please see below summary of meeting from May 2021:
- A review of adapted services and upcoming return to Bedford Hall – bricks & clicks model.
- Formed a Task & Finish group to support the project: Lift installation and Refurb.
- Further developed our Communication Pathway for Members & Team:
Quick wins, processes and ideas – Speak to Staff or Volunteers
Operational development – Speak to Service Enablers
Building for the long term – Speak to Susanette or Trustees
Please see below summary of meeting from January 2021:
- Review and learnings on current adapted services: Doorstep, Home visits and Virtual services
- The meeting delved into referral pathway and the need for systematic change:
Why? – Only 27% of people with sight loss in employment.
How? – Driving political, structural and social change at a local level.
What – Steps to improve quality, reach and inclusion of sight loss services locally.
Please see below summary of meeting from September 2020:
- Reflection on current H&S practises and next steps to further improve.
- Annual review – service enablers involvement (discussed & agreed).
- Upcoming annual general meeting – logistics for our first bricks & clicks event.
- Fundraising; a big thanks for participation (Boxhill) – funds surpassed for electric gate
- Volunteering (Phase 2) – mutual expectations as well as creation of flexi volunteering.
Please see below a summary of our meetings from May 2020:
- Shared a draft service plan for an open discussion.
- An overview of health & safety risk assessment; return to base.
- Discussed concerns around referral pathway and possible disparity of data between CV and the council – to explore further.
- Discussed next steps – rep of service enablers to assess site 19th June, prior to reopening.
Please see below a summary of our meetings from January 2020:
- Discussed a number of initiatives for 2020 and strategy to fundraise from minor to major items.
- Events calendar 2020 was shared and discussed at length – final version will feature in newsletter February 2020.
- Explored ideas of new activities; to open up CV much more.
- Discussed Health & Safety development and key points for our Facilities Officer and Volunteer.